Friday, June 22, 2007


I think I got strcoll & friends working this week...

It just loops through the string comparing each character and returning 1 or -1 if they're different as per the manpage, but I dunno, it seems like it should be more complex than that

Friday, June 15, 2007

weekly report

All the low-lying fruit is done, as it turns out I could steal most of the EUC stuff from FreeBSD too. Still no idea what the "dense" functions are for ( obviously something densely packed ) but I'll keep looking...

What I have left are things like collate, which I plan to work on this weekend and a week or two afterwards, then regexes (how would you properly pluralize that anyways? ) for a little bit, then getwc & putwc and friends, and then I should be more or less done, save for shoehorning it in to the current Solaris framework and making sure it all works properly.

Perhaps a bit optimistic with the "I've only got to do..." type language, but I'm fairly confident that the project should be completed mostly on time.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Beginning of program update

So, the Summer of Code program has now officially begun ( didn't stop me from writing stuff before then, but there have you ).

I've written a couple more functions & I've been testing stuff as I go along, no real exciting breakthroughs or any such thing. Things seem to be working more or less as expected ( though changing locales just explodes in a fire of glory )