Sunday, October 14, 2007

Developer Summit: Day 2

Day 2 went well, with the exception of the naming&branding discussion which ended up a little bit heated. Garrett did a GLDv3 conversion talk & there was a talk on moving core Sun processes such as ARC out in the open, streamlining them, etc.

It felt a bit short today. I'm not sure why, because we didn't get out that much earlier, but it did. Not to say today was entirely unproductive though, because it wasn't.

I think overall, this weekend was a good thing. Whether or not decisions were made that wouldn't have otherwise been is irrelevant, I think it was a fantastic idea to get everyone in the same place at the same time so that the community could all meet each other face to face.

I know I for one learned a lot, and I imagine others found some useful information to take out of the conference. It's also done a lot to dispell some of my fears with respect to Project Indiana.

No comments: