I know it's been a while since I've updated (or really done anything for that matter), but the school year started so it's been a bit hectic.
Good news though is that I'm no longer building code in a sandbox with ksh for loops, packing it up as libc_i18n, and putting it in place of the old code; Now I've got my code shoved inside an O/N fork, and ON attempts to build it. Emancipation has a new repo at hg.opensolaris.org/hg/emancipation/emancipation-gate if anyone wants to check it out. One caveat though is that this is a full ON tree, so it'll be quite large.
It's not building at the moment, and I'm not sure why, but since I just coaxed make(1) in to even trying last night at about 2am, I'll figgure it out and fix it. It's probably just something stupid anyways.